- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pound ground pork
- Mix together brown sugar, sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, red pepper flakes, and cloves in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place pork in a large bowl. Add spice mixture and mix with your hands until well combined. Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and saute until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- Skip the sugar for Whole30.
- Adapted from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16359/breakfast-sausage/